Have you been seriously considering to participate in a clinical trial? As a team of healthcare professionals and volunteers doing clinical research studies in Tampa, Florida, we give you our highest admiration. Participating in a clinical trial is truly a great contribution to the wider scope of the healthcare industry. Whatever your reason is for joining, we recognize that you share with us the main goal of arriving at the best solution to a particular ailment.
Many participants of clinical trials are patients themselves or family members of the patients. This is very understandable considering that there are still myriads of illnesses that are yet to be given a final cure. As we join hands together in making a medical breakthrough, let us give you a quick overview of what you can expect when you undergo a clinical trial. This way, you will have a clearer idea of whether this particular pursuit should be on your path or not.
- Upon expressing your interest to participate in a clinical trial, whether it’s here at Avita Clinical Research or in another research facility, you will be given the comprehensive explanation of the trial. Additionally, your related personal information will also be gathered.
- You’ll be given an opportunity to decide whether you agree to our clinical studies in Florida or not. Upon your agreement, you will be asked to sign a form of consent.
- After your consent, you will be subjected to another screening to ensure that you qualify in this particular trial.
- When you pass the screening, researchers will conduct a baseline visit, wherein you will be given cognitive and physical tests.
- After these tests, you will be assigned to a group by random, whether it’s for treatment or a control group.
- Along with your family, you will follow the procedures of the medical studies in Florida and give a report on any concern or issue.
- You’re also given regular schedules to visit the research facility so the staff can evaluate your progress. During these visits, you will be interviewed about the effects of the treatment and your personal well-being.
- You will also need to continue meeting with your primary doctor for your regular health care monitoring even as the clinical trial progresses.
These are the common aspects of a clinical trial that you can expect when you’re actually participating. So when you’re considering for one, whether it’s for yourself or for someone you know, we encourage you to pursue it. Talk to your physician about any available clinical trial in your area, or you can also directly connect with us at Avita Clinical Research. There are also many support groups of a particular illness that can connect you with a research facility.
We hope that this post has given you the adequate stir towards participating in a clinical trial. If you have other concerns that you would like to be answered, feel free to contact us. Don’t forget to forward this post to a friend.